[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes owners in Canada preferably Ontario

Barbara Zarzosa bzarzosa at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 16:28:12 EDT 2004

Hello everybody,
Not too long ago I had the misfortune of falling in love with a Rhodes
I saw at a boat show. I say misfortune because I know that right now,
since I'm in the midst of downsizing my home now that the kids have
moved out, I can't afford to buy one of my own (sigh). I feel like the
little kid with her nose pressed against the toystore window lovingly
admiring a little red wagon.

Anyhow, I've downloaded and printed out pictures of other people's
Rhodes and they are my middle-aged "pin-ups" replacing the long
forgotten pin-ups of the dreamboats of my youth. ha, ha.

I am new to sailing - got the bug this past season - and over the fall
I'm taking the CPS boating course so I can learn to safely navigate
around. Over the past few months I have been researching little
trailerable boats and I know that a Rhodes is in my future. However,
since I am so new to the whole scene, I have many questions.

I know the Rhodes are built in the US and I wonder what is involved in
buying a boat (used or recycled) from the US and bringing it to
Canada. Are there many Canadian Rhodes owners? I'll leave my questions
at that for now.

Thanks in advance,
Barbara.