[Rhodes22-list]David and Rose

CarolN8 at aol.com CarolN8 at aol.com
Wed Oct 27 01:55:46 EDT 2004

Rose,

I'm a single woman in Colorado that has owned a Rhodes 22 since 1998. I chose
this boat because I could easily manage it by myself, and it has worked
wonderfully! It's a very forgiving boat when someone is learning to sail, or just
learning to feel comfortable skippering. I have launched and retrieved the boat
all by myself (just to see if I could). I recommend doing it with at least
two people because it's easier, but it can be done alone if no one is available
to help. The only must have items I'd recommend for women is the mast hoist
system and the motor lift. This boat is very user friendly and easy to manage,
even if our strength isn't as strong as a man's. My only problem is that when
something breaks, I'm not very good at fixing it. But Stan has walked me
through a couple of repairs in emails. And the Rhodes List is so valuable when you
need any help. I have gotten great answers from the list when I've asked. I'm
mostly a lurker only because the expertise offered here is much higher than I
can give. Hope this helps!

Carol
s/v Painkiller