[Rhodes22-list] Politics reply re small businesses, Thanks.

P&M Beals beals at rci.rutgers.edu
Thu Oct 28 14:03:46 EDT 2004

Stan, I sent this Wednesday, maybe  you didn't get it.  Double checking my
sent messages it looks like I thought I sent it but didn't...

Thanks Stan.  I have been busy today so only just got around to reading.
Thanks for taking the time.  I will  pass it along, may copy it.

and  today after considering your thoughts more thoroughly...

This is really interesting stuff,  pretty radical proposal there Stan- the
inefficiencies in sales tax collection and impact on small businesses...
what happens when this message ( your proposal) hits politicians? Is it
dismissed quickly as having no chance... or are there any you know of who
embrace similar ideas?

I would be amazed if this type of tax plan occurs in my lifetime.

Finally NJ is on the way to a constitutional convention to deal with our
huge overreliance on property taxes for funding education...it has to be
taken out of the hands of politicians or it will never get fixed...special
interest groups and politicos have refused for 30 years to fix the broken
system  here, and it will probably mean a reform that moves toward a
progressive income tax, or a better mix of the three...maybe I will pass
your ideas along to some folks here...

I am very  happy to shop at West Marine in Perth Amboy, an enterprise zone
with only 3% sales tax....right now it is  on the way to the boat...and the
states that offer the sales tax free shopping days around here Ma. and NY
they see a big jump in business...