[Rhodes22-list] Politics- reply to Ron and WMD

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Fri Oct 29 10:27:48 EDT 2004

Ron,
	Management and leadership styles differ.  You complained quoting Mr.
Snow with, "was surprised that it turned out me talking, and the president
just listening."  Sometimes an effective style is to listen to the experts
and not try to micro manage.  Such a style is especially necessary when the
chief cannot know as much about each subject as the experts in that subject.
He may have not made the decisions that his expert wanted (i.e., Mr. Snow),
but importantly he did not try to make all decisions, but rather set the
direction.
	Jimmy Carter tried to micro manage all the important subjects and in
the job of President, that did not work.
	My point being, that maybe Mr. Bush's management style is
appropriate for the President of the U.S.  By that I mean, he sets the
general direction, makes policy decisions, but leaves the details to his
team.
	Are you suggesting that Mr. Bush should act like Nixon and be a
petty criminal?  Mr. Ford's expertise was domestic affairs, not foreign
affairs so could more easily relate to Mr. Snow.  I will not obscure the
issue with Clinton and Kerry.
	Here is a reply to Mr. Kerry's continued charges about missing
explosives, now expanded to missing weapons.  Could the discussion in this
Washington Times article be how the WMD (weapons of mass destruction}
disappeared?  See:
www.washingtontimes.com/national/20041028-115519-3700r.htm
	I understand that the Washington Times is a conservative voice, but
such voices as the New York Times and CBS news will not dig for facts or
even ask questions that lead to contrary conclusions.  They have an agenda
which is plainly against Mr. Bush, by any means, including
misrepresentation.
	I do not say that the article is fact, but it does present a
different scenario than what Mr. Kerry advocates.  Why the President does
not choose to advocate either position, well maybe he has information about
even other scenarios.  Because of the sensitivity of the information, it
should not be made public even if it cost him the Presidency.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA