[Rhodes22-list] Draftdodger/cowards

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Fri Oct 29 15:23:28 EDT 2004

I'm confused by this whole drafdodger/coward thing.

First of all, I don't know of any Rhodes 22's that even have dodgers,
but I AM interested in one for my Coronado 35. But, even when I get one,
wouldn't I want it to work in heavier winds and rain, not just "drafts"?
Finally, why would anyone be afraid of a dodger, so how does cowardice
enter into it?

I know, I know, I'm probably missing SOMETHING in all of this, since I
don't even own a Rhodes (just boat-sitting my brother's). BTW, he'll be
home from Iraq early next month (non-soldier computer contractor). Maybe
by then, since the election is over, the list will have settled back
down to discussing boats and sailing.

In the mean time, I'm going to try to "scare" up some money to build a
custom dodger for the Coronado that will help with winds, rain, AND
drafts.

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
  1976 O'Day 25