[Rhodes22-list] Draftdodger/cowards

Mark Kaynor mark at kaynor.org
Fri Oct 29 17:03:40 EDT 2004

Neil,

You get the point. Not choosing to fight does not make one a coward. By
Steve's measure, Gandhi was a coward. My uncle was a conscientious objector
during WWII - no one can tell me that was the act of a coward - it was a
very difficult thing to do at that time. He got the worst assignments -
working in a delousing camp, for instance - for an extremely low wage. I've
always admired him for it. So did his brothers, all of who served in the
armed forces. My dad was one of a fairly small fraternity who were certified
to fly both the B-29 Flying Fortress and the B-24 Liberator. He and his
other brothers all gave my uncle a portion of their pay every month because
"what Al was doing was just as important to the war effort as what we were
doing".

Steve,

Wow. You're a real piece of work. You don't have any idea who I am, yet this
is the second or third time you've leveled a personal attack at me because
you didn't like what I was saying. You've called me a coward at least twice
now, and I find that, no, make that YOU, very offensive.

<stevemode>
Thanks for the reminder of why I added you to my email filter, troll-boy.
Now I just need to write some routines that strip the crap you spew from
other people's replies so I don't have to read that, either.

And it seems to me, that people who resort to name calling are basically
cowards. It's a tool often used by bullies, whether they're stupid or
bigoted or both because the grey matter between their ears is calcified to
the point that they're unable to carry on a rational conversation.
</stevemode>

Good day, sir.

Mark