[Rhodes22-list] What do you do with monsters?

Gardner, Douglas (LNG-DAY) douglas.gardner at lexisnexis.com
Fri Sep 3 11:02:32 EDT 2004

While we're so focused on Bush attacking Kerry's service in vietnam, and
Kerry attacking Bush & Cheney's avoidance of service in vietnam, I'd like to
point to Russia for a second:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3624024.stm

and ask a question: What do you do with people who believe killing children
is a good way to get sympathy for their cause?

I'll leave my comments at the question.  Because right now, my own thoughts
on this matter are simply too ugly to write down, and certainly too ugly to
broadcast in public.

After my anger subsides a bit, I might return to my beliefs in the rights
afforded to people in our Constitution and the Bill of Rights, the
importance of due process, and my beliefs that you must not punish a person
for the offenses of another.

For now, I'll let my anger seethe and wonder what kind of pathological
society or religion could allow these kinds of acts to go unpunished.

--Doug

PS: lest anyone be confused... no, I do not intend this message to imply I
support Bush. Please see my references to the constitution and bill of
rights before you infer who I support for president. My preferred candidate
isn't running. You cannot defeat hate and injustice with more hate and more
injustice.  I'll speak no more on that subject in this forum.