[Rhodes22-list] What do you do with monsters?

stan stan at rhodes22.com
Fri Sep 3 12:01:18 EDT 2004

love politics

My grandkids visited the twin towers a day before they collapsed

Nonetheless, this should not be a one issue election nor is there any proof
that no one else could have done a better job fighting terrorism after the
act, than Bush.  For instance, if you would have made me dictator I would
have used all that money to finish what we started in Afghanistan and turned
that into a model country to soften the "Ugly American" image.  I won't
argue the amount but will argue the direction:  Not following the usual
American premature bailout policy and instead properly implementing our
stated goals for Afghanistan, would have cut the rate of terrorists
recruitment - now climbing and so increasing our need to fight terrorism
more and more.

Like so many religions, acting like we are the only ones with the right
answer is a sign of the planet's immaturity.  If we are lucky, we might live
to grow up.  But I doubt it - unless you get to work on those placards:
Spitzer for Dictator, He is the only one with the right answers.

    (that's the problem with dictators - they get carried away - anyone got
a better answer - or at least, anyone for tennis?  One of the richest
prospects I ever met said to me, "It is too late, enjoy yourself.").

stan/gbi