[Rhodes22-list] List Administrator See All

Wally Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 10 11:28:30 EDT 2004

It is fairly obvious you don't understand how medals are awarded. See
Rummy's previous post.

Having a father that spent two tours in Viet Nam and served in the Navy for
30 years; I can tell you that swift boats were about the most dangerous duty
facing our Navy. If you weren't a Navy pilot, SEAL or on a swift boat you
never made it close to enemy lines. He signed up for this duty. I don't
fault Bush for serving in the National Guard but lets face it; he got in the
National Guard due to family favors. Say what you want about Kerry but if
you want to compare what happened way back then Kerry wins hands down.

Personally I don't think this should be the focus of this election. Many of
the bills that Kerry voted against had layers of pork fat wrapped around
them.  He was not against every weapon you mentioned. Each of these bills
had other things attached to them. We have not had a Senator voted president
in years. This is one of the primary reasons. One could also say that people
that voted yes for every weapons bill voted yes on all of the waste that was
included.

So lets move forward from the 60s to the 70s. Yes Kerry spoke out against
Viet Nam. I thought the war was a tragic waste of human life and in the end
a miserable failure. Kerry decided to serve his country further in politics.
What did Bush do? Best I can tell he partied a bunch, snorted cocaine, and
enjoyed the high life. Heck it sounds fun to me but not exactly a great
track record for a future president.

So lets move forward to the 80s. Kerry continued to serve in politics while
Bush ran more than one company into the ground. Daddy's connections came in
handy again and he some how came out of it smelling like a rose. Didn't he
also own a baseball team, let's face it the Rangers sucked but i guess I
can't blame Bush for that. The point is he still did nothing in my eyes to
prepare him for president.

The 90s brough Bush into the political ring. I didn't live in Texas but
depending upon who you ask he either did a great job or he sucked.

There are at least two sides to every story. An astute voter will take the
time to try to figure out the issues instead of just saying all liberals are
cowards and that anyone against the war in Iraq is a liberal and by
definition a coward. I realize the issues are complex and i don't expect all
to be able to understand them.

Wally