[Rhodes22-list] Who is this Stan?

jbconnolly at comcast.net jbconnolly at comcast.net
Tue Sep 14 19:49:26 EDT 2004

Sean,

Others may know more, but I have heard of only a few "project" Rhodes 22s in that price range.  One fellow in Maine comes to mind.  Name escapes me at the moment.  Think his is a '72 or '74.

I followed a similar course to yours.  When I tired of powerboating, I found the Rhodes 22 but couldn't justify the cost to myself.  I looked for alternatives and bought a 1969 O'Day Mariner and trailer.  It was a good starter boat and they are more commonly available in the $2k price range.  After three years trailer sailing, I sold the Mariner and bought a recycled R22 from Stan.  I keep her on a mooring in Salem, MA (but she is now home for the winter).  One other R22 is also in Salem, and was there last time I looked, not sure if the owner is on the list or not.

BTW, I have sailed Lake Winnepesaukee with my old Mariner.  It is nice, but I found the winds to be fairly light in both early and late summer.  I planned to take the R22 up last September, but it didn't work out.

Jim Connolly
s/v Inisheer
'85 recycled '03