[Rhodes22-list] Port Settee

Todd Tavares sprocket80 at mail.com
Tue Sep 14 22:14:30 EDT 2004

   Rhodies,

        I do not know if I am the first to have a problem with the design
   of the port settee/berth.  It may only seem like a problem because my
   neck can no longer flex comfortably in all directions.  With backer
   cushions (the filler cushions) in place, their tops rest against the
   sides of the hull, and under the overhang created by the side deck.
   If leaning back to rest against the cushions, my head is higher than
   where the portlights are and i must bend my head forward.  This is not
   a comfortable position for me. Are newer boats still configured this
   way, or has this been changed?  Has anyone else had this problem?

        I have been toying with the idea of designing a vertical seat
   back with a little bit storage space that would bring the cushions
   slightly proud of the wall.  I do not know how much time I will be
   spending sitting in the cabin or if it will be worth the
   effort......but next Spring I will be doing glass/woodwork in the
   cabin anyway.  Anyone have ideas or comments?

   Todd

   Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
   [1]http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup