[Rhodes22-list] Thanks Rhodies!

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Wed Sep 15 14:42:54 EDT 2004

Bary,

(What's the story on the 1 R?)

If you make yourself a detailed list that allows you to start at one end of the boat on the ground and end up at the other end of the boat in the boat without running back and forth or missing steps you can consistently raise and lower the mast in 25 minutes.  That allows time for checking the rigging, watching for snags, every time--an important and time saving step.  Because the mast raising rig is solid you can leave the rigging slack while the mast is at a 45 degree angle to inspect your progress.  (Never allow anyone below the mast while it is supported like this only by the hoist!  We all trust Stan, but that's dumb and Stan would be the first to say so.)

I don't have a Boom Room, but everyone I have spoken with says that if you are going to really use it, it's great.  Getting that much more room out of a 22 foot boat is worth the hassle of the set up.  I do plan to get one shortly, because I now know I will use it a lot.

Bill Effros