[Rhodes22-list] Weber's Analysis of Lee helm

JSusanj at aol.com JSusanj at aol.com
Fri Sep 17 14:33:37 EDT 2004

I have a Victoria with a detachable keel.  I have not yet completed building it but I have sailed one belonging to a friend.  Most importantly, the keel detaches by removing a nut on the deck.  The bolt that holds it on travels through a watertight tube in the hull so the boat will not take on water even when the keel is off.

Jeff S.

_______________

Bob Webe wrote:

Wally, I donno.  I have been looking at it in the window of the hobby shop.
Odyssey Sailing School needed a new Model sailboat for my presentation and
had a good year so I bought it.  It was about 150.  The sucker is too big
though.  Maby a 3 foot mast and 8 inch draft.  Combined it is bigger than my
car can accomadate.  The Keel took a couple hits and go a nice split on the
aft edge.  On its second voyage it started taking water.  Anyway I think I
got the Keel (a bulb keel on a flimsy skeg) straightened out and water
tight.  I have a class this weekend and might have enough time to play.  My
marina is starting to get a fleet.  I missed the innaugral regatta but I got
a lowdown which might help with your decison.  I will paste it below.
That was cool last weekend with the RC Boats.