[Rhodes22-list] The Sound and The Fury !

Rik Sandberg sanderico at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 17 14:42:05 EDT 2004

I just gotta ask......What is this internet obsession with one trick (one
subject) ponies. Why is it not possible to have "general" discussions about
stuff on any mailing list/bulletin board without having to hear from the
subject police. It *clearly* states in the charter for this list that the
discussion will follow whatever is of interest to it's members. It says
nothing about sticking to sailing or even boat topics.....except that it
won't. Want to turn this list boring?????? Just restrict the subject to
boats/sailing only. Most of the members of this list have been "friends"
for quite some time. We talk about stuff, between boat/sailing questions.
Got a boat/sailing question??? Fire away, we are happy to talk about that
too, but in between, we talk about other stuff. If you don't like other
stuff, that's why you have a delete button.

Frank, you're certainly welcome here, but you must understand the nature of
*this* list, If you are looking for pure sailing subject matter, you are in
the wrong place.

Rik