[Rhodes22-list] Raising the Mast with The Bow Crane

Roger Pihlaja cen09402 at centurytel.net
Sun Sep 19 09:17:52 EDT 2004

Slim,

I like to connect the two forward lower sidestays, then disconnect & remove
the hoist (or at least lower it so it's flat on the foredeck), & then
connect the forestay.  I find the line running from the hoist to the
foredeck is sort of in the way of the person on the foredeck connecting the
forestay & it makes me nervous to have to work around a line that's holding
up the mast.  This is especially true if you are doing this mast raising
operation on the water & can't get off the boat to walk around the front of
the trailer.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium