[Rhodes22-list] Wally's Traveler

Wally Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 22 09:35:53 EDT 2004

Ed,

The single line has been a big improvement but I never measured the line. I
just started with a piece of line and adjusted the length. I then cut the
line. Adjustments are easy but if you are to far forward you will have to
move aft to cleat. I have ben thinking of changing the angle of the clam
cleat or going with a different type of cleat.

When it is really gusty I have the traveler line handy. I dump the traveler
first and try not to adjust the main unless needed. I think you keep better
boat speed through the gusts. It really helps if you are making adjustments
from the low side. I can haul in when needed, I just wish I could cleat the
line from the low side.

Wally