[Rhodes22-list] Fred's pointing dog question

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Wed Sep 22 21:21:21 EDT 2004

Fred:
	Thank you for still not answering my question while asking another.

	Would it have been a question to which you do not know the answer?

	Nevertheless, I will answer your question and that is I do not know
the real answer to that question.  I just look at who has trouble pointing
to the wind.  By asking the question, from those willing to respond, I get
more information on which to make an opinion.  I also learn ways to better
point to the wind.
	I am not an experienced sailor.  I am a Saturday afternoon sailor
who uses the wind to take him anywhere and nowhere in particular.
	That being said, if the wind is fresh, I believe that if scientific
instruments were used, when I set up for the wind, I can point less the 45
degrees mentioned on this list recently.  In fact, when I try, I think that
I can get closer to 35 degrees.
	However, that is just a wild-eyed guess based on my Windex.  Last
Saturday with the wind gusting to knock down power, I could not get that,
but at that point the Genny was outside at about 100% and I was on final
approach to the Marina.
	And, if you read the post on this list you will learn how to push
the envelope.
	Now tell us, does your dog point?

Ed K