[Rhodes22-list] Outboards

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 22 22:09:33 EDT 2004

If we argue about it is it debated breath?  Anyway I will keep you
posted.  The dealer
told me that he had seen a couple of engines that also used oil during
the break-in
but were "just fine" after the second tank of gas.  I take that with a
large grain of
salt.  I am sure that the oil use is not normal behavior but I don't
want to pull the engine
off at the mooring, take it back to the dealer, wait for repair, and
then go directly to
winter storage. As environmentally unsound as it is I will probably
feed it oil for the few trips
left in the season and take it back in October.

Ron