[Rhodes22-list] Politics - This is a legitimate news story - not ajoke

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 25 16:27:02 EDT 2004

Chris,

You may ask.  I'm a DC10 Captain for FedEx where my
wife also works as a technical programmer/scientific
advisor in the Operations Research department.  We met
while she was jumpseating on one of my flights.  Fan
left her home of Beijing in 1989 shortly after
Tiananman Square.  Bush 41 issued 40,000+ student
visa's and she ended up at the University of Memphis
Earthquate Center as a grad student in geo-physics.
After finishing that masters program she got a second
MS degree in computer programming.  She definately
married down.

I used to fly all over the world in the late 80's and
early 90's and then spent a few years in the training
department.  Now, by choice and by seniority, I fly
the shortest day trips possible, mostly Manchester,
NH.  We make an annual trip to China to visit family
and that's enough passport stamps to satisfy me.
After 30 years of professional flying, packing a
suitcase and driving to the airport is not my idea of
a good time.

Sailing is!

Brad Haslett