[Rhodes22-list] Politics: Goals

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sun Sep 26 10:00:18 EDT 2004

Wally,

I agree on VC.  My point was that they started out with nothing to fight with, and were able to hold us off until our real enemies reinforced them.  The Iraqis started out with huge ammo dumps all over the country and we didn't have enough guys to even guard the ammo or blow it up.  Too late now.  And we are talking about major weapons, here, not sharpened bamboo sticks.

There are a billion with a "B" Muslims out there.  If each one contributes just 1 bullet to fight against us, we've got a problem that won't ever go away.

As to the Kurds, there are as many of them as there are Iraqis.  They are not Arabs.  They are not Turks.  They are not Iranians.  But they are large minorities in Iraq, Iran, and Turkey.  They are trying to carve their own homeland out of all 3 countries.  For the Arabs it's another Israel.  Only there are 3 times as many Kurds as there are Jews.  It's one of the few things Iraq, Iran and Turkey can agree on--no independence for Kurds.

Bill

(PS -- The boundaries the Kurds are fighting for are extremely oil-rich which just might have something to do with why we back them so strongly.)