[Rhodes22-list] Re: My PopTop is leaking!

Lou Rosenberg steadilsr at verizon.net
Sun Sep 26 17:13:15 EDT 2004

Rhodies,
  I am in the process of replacing my port lights and soon will be
strengthening my sliding hatch as it has a crack in it but have noticed
that there is daylight shining through my poptop (as it sits completely
closed) and I do believe its leaking rainwater.   I was planning to
assess the situation carefully and just buy an L shaped piece of rubber
insulation which I will either epoxy onto the cabin top inside of the
front of the poptop or use fasteners and a piece of aluminum or
Stainless as a permanent gasket.
  Is this a common problem with the poptops?
  any advice appreciated.
  thanks
  Lou
ps
  if weather holds in NYC tomorrow I will be taking some dig photos of
the portlight job and will try to have them uplinked later in the week.