[Rhodes22-list]Politics: Marc and Brad

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Sep 27 13:34:19 EDT 2004

Marc, Brad:

I went thru some of this with Bill about a month ago.  You may have seen my
questioning him about using the N.Y.Times as an accurate source.  When I
checked the articles that he claimed as accurate, they gave as their source
other news agencies.  This is known as circular logic, but not necessarily
factual logic.  He claimed his sources as factual and questioned why I was
attacking him personally.

Marc asked the same question about his alleged or claimed unbiasedness that
I asked.  Bill took these as personal attacks on him and not questioning his
data.  At that point, I dropped the debate.  We have to accept Bill as he
is, and just exclude his claims about being neutral.  He just does not
comprehend that he is not neutral to others of us.  Our pointing that out to
him only aggravates the situation.

In today's world, many social liberals do not or are unwilling to admit
their liberalism.  Locally, many democrats run for public office and will
not put their party affiliation on their campaign literature.  Their
argument is that running for office should be non-partisan.  When questioned
they say that they are politically neutral.  Are those who take such a
stance really being honest?  It is only my opinion, but to me the answer is
no.

In South Carolina, former Governor Dick Riley is a democrat and a liberal in
all senses of the words.  I have known the Riley family over 30+ years.
Dick is honest.  He was never afraid to admit where he stood.  He had the
support of many conservatives, Republicans and others because he was honest
in stating his beliefs and where he stood.

Ed K