[Rhodes22-list] Political/warin Iraq.

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 29 09:09:37 EDT 2004

Rummy,

Did you read the letter I posted yesterday from a
Marine Major?  Have you read any of the blogspots from
soldiers in Iraq?  The newspapers are giving one side
of the story.

Where did the 40% number come from?  I've read one
report in USA Today, that fabulous birdcage liner,
that of some 1600 Irregular Reserves a substantial
number were looking for a way out.  They never in a
million years expected to be called up in the IRR,
they just wanted to suck on the government tit a bit
longer so their reluctance to fulfill their obligation
is not surprising.

There is real progress being made in Iraq but those
kinds of stories don't sell soap and diet pills.

Brad Haslett