[Rhodes22-list] 40% article...found it.

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 29 20:43:46 EDT 2004

Bill,

This was explained in an earlier post of mine, perhaps
you missed it.  Bush was a "guard bum" for four years,
meaning he was almost full time.  The Alabama guard
didn't call and say "we've got a war going on with
Cuba, get your ass down here!".  Bush wanted time off
from the Guard and he obviously had enough points in
or he wouldn't have gotten an honorable discharge.
The truth is, you can ask for time off in the Guard if
you've accumulated enough service points.  It's not as
good a deal as serving three months in combat and
getting out on paper cuts but that's the way it
worked.

Had his unit been called to active duty and he
refused, it would be a different story.  The IRR folks
NEVER expected to be called, but they were and they
refused to serve.  That Sir, makes all the difference.

Brad Haslett
"CoraShen"

http://www.quotewithoutcomment.com/qwc.cgim?template=FreeBook