[Rhodes22-list] Electric start motor

Rob Lowe rlowe at vt.edu
Wed Apr 13 14:53:25 EDT 2005

It turns out the "new" (used) motor I just bought sight unseen is an electric start model.  The leads that come with it don't appear long enough to reach the battery compartment, although I haven't tried it yet.  How are the cables run for those of you with an electric start motor?  And anyone want to tell me if using a second, sealed battery, located in the lazaret is a bad idea?  I don't need to charge the main battery with the motor since I have a solar panel that handles that quite well.  Thoughts?  Thanks - rob

Rob Lowe
S/V Getaway