[Rhodes22-list] Electric start motor

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 13 18:49:30 EDT 2005

We had our electric start motor wired to a battery selector switch
with two batteries located aft of the forward flotation.  The
starboard battery was normally connected to the solar cell
with the port battery used for starting.  The switch allows you
to use the alternate battery for starting if you want.  Not necessary
but convenient.  We never had significant discharge on either
battery (except when the sink pump stuck on) and have minimal
use of power, but the setup is pretty convenient and seems to
be an optimal location for the battery.  Running a (properly sized)
wire to the engine aft is not a big deal.

Ron