[Rhodes22-list] AM/FM/CD radio speakers

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Wed Apr 20 10:52:41 EDT 2005

George,

One of the few things Rummy and I disagree on is that Rummy sails his
boat boat wet, while I sail mine dry.  Where I mount my speakers you can
sail wet and the speakers will remain dry.  They also remain dry when
the boat is locked up.

If you sail wet, and mount your speakers where Rummy has mounted them,
you better be sure your speakers can shake off the water.  Not all
"marine" speakers will do that.  Some are the same speakers the
manufacturers sell as regular speakers but with a higher price tag.

Rummy, what brand are the speakers you have?  When is the last Practical
Sailor review of marine speakers?

Bill Effros