[Rhodes22-list] rigging

Bob Weber ruba1811 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 25 15:38:00 EDT 2005

Tom, I use cotter pins on  all but the head stay.  That has a quick release
pin which has failed on me just once.  I was under motor at the time so no
serious problems but I was for the most part single handed (3 young kids)
and in a narrow, wavey, boat filled inlet with steal sides that were higher
than the mast.  I kept heading out into a swell filled Lake Mich found some
open water lashed the tiller.  Went forward and lashed the head stay to the
bow pulpit and headed back to the dock.  I check this pin as a routine
before untying the bow lines now.

Bob Weber