[Rhodes22-list] Fandango

Todd Tavares sprocket80 at mail.com
Tue Apr 26 22:01:08 EDT 2005

Rummy,

   True-- if I had access to a welder, I would have made the stands out of steel.  As Bill E. points out in a follow-up post, any boat should rest with the keel on wooden blocks while on stands.

   I double wrapped the top of the stands with steel banding to prevent breaking out.  Believe me, my stands can support many times the weight of a Rhodes 22.  I also had side braces to keep the boat stable. I climbed all over (and under) the boat while on my stands, and my 250+lbs didn't so much as even shake the boat.  I always over engineer.

Todd