[Rhodes22-list] Question for Bill about blocks

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Wed Apr 27 11:11:23 EDT 2005

How do you move the trailer out from under the boat?  How do you get the
axel past the blocks?
Ed K

"Always put blocks under the keel when it's off the trailer and you won't
 have to worry about it dropping."  It may tilt, but it won't drop.  I use
 cinder blocks with wood on top of them.  I raise the boat higher than I
 want it, set up the cinder blocks and wood, then drop the boat (using
 jacks) so the weight is on the wood, then set my poppits.  The poppits
 don't hold the boat, they just steady it.  You can then roll the trailer
 so the bunks are nowhere near where you want to paint."

 Bill Effros