[Rhodes22-list] A Tow Veh. question.

Gardner, Douglas (LNG-DAY) douglas.gardner at lexisnexis.com
Wed Apr 27 17:23:48 EDT 2005

Slim,

Rik may just be staying out of this one... ;^)  With the Flika, they had to
get a reasonably heavy truck.  However, Rik used to pull the R22 with an
S10.  I must have given him a bit of a chuckle when I showed up pulling with
a Ram BFT3500 turbodiesel dually! For some odd reason, Rik thinks you should
match the tool to the job.  *grin*

But, Rik knows what he's doing when he's pulling a load.  By comparison, I
simply don't.  So I figured I could use as much margin of safety as I can
get. (Well, that and we bought it for towing a 34' Airstream camper, not the
boat.)  Before we bought the BFT we towed with a Cherokee.  It did a
reasonable job, but I feel much more under control in the larger truck.
Oddly enough, the Jeep and the truck get about the same mileage.  I'd
consider the Liberty diesel, especially since the Liberty is about 1000lbs
heavier than the Cherokee it replaced.

--Doug