[Rhodes22-list] Re: Salt Water Sailing

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Wed Apr 27 18:28:15 EDT 2005

Last summer when Tom and I approached Liberty Island (on the abomination)
there were white floats set off shore about 300-500 feet, an indication for
small craft to stay well clear.  At that time, there were NY Harbor Police
boats, Coast Guard boats and a medium sized Navy ship, with airborne
chopper, all appraently on patrol in the harbor.  We felt the chopper was
scanning us, after it circled overhead.  This was July 2 and security seemed
alert.  If there was a way around Liberty Island, we couldn't find it.

PT