[Rhodes22-list] headsail repair GBI furler questions

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Mon Aug 1 07:50:26 EDT 2005

Mary Lou,
Not to fret. This is a simple repair. Once the mast is down and the sail is
on a flat surface the repair can be as complicated as you want it to be. If it
 were my sail, I wouldn't replace the nylon strap. I would simply loosen the
downhaul and pull the sail to the top mark and place another screw with a
washer  in the furling tube. After all, the strap is simply there to hold the
sail up,  keeping it from falling, like it did. Raise the mast and then tighten
the  downhaul and go sailing. Total time, about one hour.

Rummy