[Rhodes22-list] Flying News - Good and Bad

Saroj Gilbert saroj at pathfind.net
Tue Aug 2 19:27:03 EDT 2005

Good for you on the decision to save the horses... not quite sure what your
alternatives were, but I like the choice... did you lose the aircraft as a
result of that decision?  Curious about how they were taken off safely... I
understand that horses tend to get wild in the face of fires... I assume
their handlers were on board too, but wondered... Some friends of ours
manage a horse ranch in CA... mostly polo horses... during the CA fires of
2003, they evacuated nearly 200 of them in approx 4 hours... obviously with
LOTS of help from friends and colleagues... plus they have some rather large
horse carrying rigs...

Congrats on the new position.... sounds like it will suit you well!

Saroj