[Rhodes22-list] Mary Lou and Bill Effros

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Wed Aug 3 00:17:27 EDT 2005

Ed,

Checked out the Rhodes in the Keys with just that in mind.  Problem was
where to keep it the other 49 weeks of the year.  My wife said the
driveway was out.  Besides, that would mean I would have to buy another
the next year.  I would wind up cornering the market in used Rhodes-22s,
moving them up north 1 by 1.  Maybe I could just bring them back to Stan
and he could recycle them...

No, planning for the round trip is probably a better idea.  When I paint
the lazarette I'll know the trailering can't be far behind.

Bill Effros

PS -- My sails were new, and experienced the same problem within 5
years.  My sail maker said the sails are in good shape, but a 175 puts a
lot of strain on those little loops when the sail is fully unfurled and
the wind is strong.