[Rhodes22-list] Michael's Boat trip with family part 3

michael meltzer michaelmeltzer at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 19:29:57 EDT 2005

Thank you Ted Kennedy, I watch the bridges, ED no
trailing, I rather play in the ocean that the rivers,
the Palisades can lead to intresting sailing. remember
westpoint was built where is was because of them, hard
time shotting the deck guns under a sail change. In
thory I can take the NY cannal system all the way to
the great lakes, have the draft and can drop the mast.
-mjm

www.visitmysticseaport.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.viewPage&page_id=BA0937

http://www.cs-bb.com/forums/CSBB/index.cgi?read=15072
> > > - not too much
> > > specific advice yet but something more might
> > > develop. The one good point
> > > they made is to check out the land-based travel
> > > guides for your possible
> > > ports. You might look for books like "The
> > Unofficial
> > > Guide to New England
> > > and New York with Kids" by Laurie Bain Wilson or
>
> > > "Fun Places to Go with
> > > Children in New England: 4th Edition, Over 500
> > > Listings" by Diane Bair or
> > > "Fun with the Family in Massachusetts, 4th:
> > Hundreds
> > > of Ideas for Day Trips
> > > with the Kids" by Marcia Glassman-Jaffe (there
> is
> > > one for Connecticutt
> > > too). I haven't any of these books but it might
> be
> > > worth spending some time
> > > in the travel section of the local library or
> the
> > > Barnes & Noble just to
> > > gather a bunch of ideas. There may be other
> > similar
> > > titles out there. I
> > > found those with a quick search on Amazon.
> > >
> > > Good luck. It's a big project but it sounds like
> > it
> > > could be a great
> > > opportunity for some family fun.
> > >
> > > Mary Lou