[Rhodes22-list] Level on Board

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 12 10:23:33 EDT 2005

Bill,
According to your calculations, and assuming that Mount Gay Rum weighs in at 6 lbs. per gallon, wouldn't it be wise to add a few gallons to your manifest for your passengers to enjoy, as you will be shifting their weight and balance to and fro in order to adjust the boat attitude.  Now, as the Mount Gay is consumed, you will also be adjusting the passenger attitude.  Also consider how nimble they will become after a few rounds and a few shifts... Sounds like unstable equilibrium to me.  This could be just as hazardous as a half-filled water ballast tank on the MacGregor.  Will you be posting pictures after you get back to port?
Have fun,
Art