[Rhodes22-list] traveler bar

Todd Tavares sprocket80 at mail.com
Tue Aug 16 19:27:37 EDT 2005

Alan,

   The traveler bar is something that you can easily fabricate out 1" stainless thick walled tubing and a couple of round topped stantion caps.  But here are the problems with doing it yourself. (1)You will have to devise a system to attach it to the backstays.... unless you want to pay to have a new backstay made.  (2)  The traveler car is a custom piece.  You probably have to get that directly from General Boats. In the long run it may be more practical to buy a new backstay and traveler from GB.

  If you are sure that you want to make your own, I have a few pics, drawings, and a .pdf file showing close-ups of the traveler and some possble ways to attach it to the backstay.  I think someone even attached a Harken traveler to a bar between the stays.

Todd