[Rhodes22-list] Fw: "New" 1974 Rhodes 22

stan stan at rhodes22.com
Wed Aug 17 06:39:45 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Trisha
To: wwrhodes at rhodes22.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 9:26 PM
Subject: "New" 1974 Rhodes 22

 Hello,

I recently purchased a used, 1974 Rhodes 22 'Continental' and am having some serious problems with it..

I launched the boat and was not able to sail because I could not lower the centerboard, then I found the bilge was full.  I think the leaks are confined to the centerboard trunk, have not been able to stop all with the epoxy putty stick.  This older model has access to centerboard only from exterior.   Today a friend swam under the boat and says there is no centerboard!!  When I contacted the seller, he claims it "must have fallen off during the launch" - is this possible???  If so, what's to keeps it from "falling off" when I'm out sailing?

Can you advise?

Also, if I need a new centerboard, I have serious cash flow - can I get a used one?  Would need to know dimensions, etc

Hope you can help

Trisha McCarthy  860-536-0897  anytime