[Rhodes22-list] Aerobed on Board

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Wed Aug 17 10:23:53 EDT 2005

Mary Lou,

Try this if you haven't discovered it already:

Put a full size (54x74) Aerobed over the cushions when you are sleeping
in the cabin.  Get the pump that connects to 12 volts.  (All the air-bag
valves are the same, and all the Aerobed pumps connect to all of the
valves.)

The air bag can be deployed and inflated in less than a minute.  The bag
slightly overhangs the starboard side of the bed, and I put beanbag
chairs under that lip to support it, but I don't think it really needs
it.  The bag conforms to the mast support in the same way a Japanese
woman's socks conform to her flip-flops.

The system can be deflated and rolled back into its bag in less than 2
minutes.  I store it forward.

I got it as a test for Boom-Room sleeping (obviously it easily fits in
the cockpit over the cockpit cushion fill-in boards) and was surprised
to find it also could be shoe-horned into the cabin.

I don't sleep without it.  It's like an air-bed and a water-bed rolled
into one, and comfortable beyond belief.

Bill Effros