[Rhodes22-list] Aerobed on Board

Richard Smith sailnut at worldnet.att.net
Thu Aug 18 16:31:17 EDT 2005

< but if I could inflate a low pressure inflatable
> dinghy in less than a minute that I could easily store in the lazarette >

Yes you could buy one al-rite and curse the thing from the very first moment
you tried to row it.

These boats/rafts can not be inflated to the point where they are rigid
enough to be rowed.  As a result they are totally non-maneuverable.  With an
off shore breeze this puts the occupant in peril.

Even the better inflatable dinks row badly.  For any kind of practical
tender service it's better by far to install a small outboard kicker.

These remarks are based on personal experience. I started with a low priced
dink and even with frantic rowing damm near blew out of the harbor.

Richard Smith