[Rhodes22-list] Aerobed on Board

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Thu Aug 18 23:07:21 EDT 2005

Richard,

I hear you.  I already own a decent but not great rowing dinghy (A
Walker Bay).  What I am looking for is something to get me the last 10
feet to shore without getting my ankles wet for walking on islands
without docks in early spring when the water temperatures up here make
you seriously think before getting even a little wet.

If I bow anchor, I can back up very close to land by popping up the
rudder and coming in stern first using the motor set as shallow as
possible.  In the summer I walk an anchor ashore, but before summer I
generally don't do it.  If I had a cheap, quickly deployed little dink
on board, I might use it for this, and for kedging.

It would always be tethered to the boat.

However, as always, your point is well taken.

Bill Effros