[Rhodes22-list] Re: Stan's lament - and decision

stan stan at rhodes22.com
Sat Aug 20 15:42:54 EDT 2005

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: stan
      To: stan
      Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2005 10:29 AM
      Subject: Stan's lament - and decision

          Dear Rhodies

      Thanks to the handful who found time to contribute your thinking - some interesting thoughts to mull over.

      We do not have trouble selling Rhodes - it is just that we are not selling them for our own account - not a problem when new boats were the mainstay but with recycled sales now the bill payers, even I can see the writing on the wall as a gowing % of our promtional outlays gets posted under the expense item: charity.    As not a perfect past experience example, owners would go to Triad to bypass GB for their trailers (if you read our two page report on developing the Rhodes Unit-matic trailer features  - radical in those days - you can appreciate our investment here) and Triad sold direct and we switched builders.  When Triad asked us to come back they agreed to send all inquiries to us and that has worked to the bigger advantage of both sides ever since.

      As for the "List", we have decided to turn off the faucet, for now.   We will work on what would be best for all those concerned, in the longer run.

      stan for general boats