[Rhodes22-list] Fred-Genoa tacking in light winds

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Sun Aug 28 22:14:00 EDT 2005

Fred:
Give this a try in tacking the 175 in light winds.  If single handed bring
boat around, use tiller locks to set tiller direction, then one hand on new
genoa sheet and one on furling line.  As pressure slacks bring Genoa in to
clear forward stays and as wind catches sail let out Genoa.  Sheets should
not be touching deck.  This system works even better double handed.
Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA