[Rhodes22-list] China Report

From the Puentes puente98 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 08:32:09 EDT 2005

When we first moved to Beijing in the mid 90's, we bought a play set in the US for our children (those big sets with tree houses, etc) and brought it over, packed from the factory (in Oregon -mind you the label said "Made entirely in the USA"). Whe we set it up, there was a hardware part missing. We could not find it anywhere locally. So we had to order it from the factory in the US. About 2 months later (and a hefty price), we got the part, and as we were setting it up, we noticed the small incription in the metal: "Made in China".

Any material you get in the US is likely to be either made in China, or you are likely to find it in China at a much lower price.

Regards,

Jorge

greyhound at gbronline.com wrote:
Brad,
I am new to the list and to Rhodes, but what about importing
American materials to whomever will construct them. It may
increase the price, but you would have a better idea of what
you are going to get.
Frank the Tyro