[Rhodes22-list] Jerry's motor lift,thanks and decision

cjlowe cjlowe at bright.net
Sun Dec 4 16:02:30 EST 2005

Thanks Ed,Ron and Rummy.
ED,two years ago I asked Stan to send me the parts for the motor lift(along with a long list of other things),or the stock to make them. That was one of two things on the list that he said was easily available locally,and would be easy to make.
I think that for what they are , he would have to charge me alot just to cover his costs,basically doing me a favor.That lift style has been out of production for several years,so he might have been out of the stock to make them.The last thing I want to do is step on Stan's toes,by cheating him out of cash flow for his inventions.
It's time to order a new mainsail for Country Rhodes,and I hope to build a garage to store her in next year,so I'm trying to get all the small jobs done this winter that I can drag into the basement and work on in the off season.
Ron,Did you use UHMW for your rails? How's it holding up?
Thanks again guys,
Jerry