[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Jay about Chain plates

Luis Guzman trpclman at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 5 04:22:53 EST 2005

  Todd,

  I replaced the backing plates of the rails, winches, and cleats in the cockpit. All of them had wood as backing plates. Also the hardware on the bow (bow pukpit and cleat), and all the bolted thru hardware on port and starboard had wood as backing plates.

  The plates for the outer sidestays have a little play, but I have not gotten to them as I would have to cut thru the fiberglass inside the cabin to get to them.

  Those I'm not sure if they are wood, and I really hope they are not.

  Luis

  S/V PARADISE (1976 Continental)

Todd Zumach <zoomerzx at gmail.com> wrote:
  Luis,

You seem to have the answer to the $64,000 question. How do you inspect and
replace the chain plates?

Todd Z
Phillips, WI