[Rhodes22-list] IMF outhaul setting ver 2 for Ed.pdf

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Sun Dec 11 02:09:25 EST 2005

Another related sail shape question:  Under what conditions do you adjust
the car fore or aft?  (jib or main)  I start with the sheet at the angle
where it bisects the luff.  Check.  If I move the car forward, it tightens
the leech and loosens the foot, and vice versa.  Check.  Under what
conditions do you want a tight leech and a footloose?  (There's a song in
there somewhere.)

Slim

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200512/10/IMFouthaulset>>