[Rhodes22-list] E-BAY boat - Who Wants What

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Thu Dec 15 14:13:30 EST 2005

Brad,

How about going into the boat rental business?

Fix up the boat so it won't sink.  Rent a slip at Dinner Key marina in
Coconut Grove in the winter -- $25/day.  Store the boat in a cradle at
Scotty's Landing next door when not in service--$250/month--or just moor
it in the harbor for nothing--local law has made this a bit tricky, however.

Rent it for $100/day.

I'm in for 2 weeks.  I'll bet others would jump on this, too.

If you could keep the boat rented for 100 days a year it would bring in
$10,000.  50 days -- $5,000.  30 days would cover your nut.  You got 15
days right here.

Of course, the boat would always be available to you.

It's a great spot to sail from, even if you never leave Biscayne Bay.
But there's nothing to stop anyone from having an East Coast Baja
adventure going right down to Key West.

Just a thought.  Maybe you could trade in construction equipment for
more boats--it's a lot more fun, and much less government oversight.

Bill Effros