[Rhodes22-list] Spam filtering?

Jim Connolly jbconnolly at comcast.net
Mon Dec 26 17:18:06 EST 2005

I use Outlook 2003 with no add-on spam filters.  I have two email addresses
that I personally use, one of which is a minor variant of my "regular" email
address.  The variant is the one that I provide when I must to online
retailers, etc. so that is the one that (historically) gets more spam.  I
set up a rule to route all mail sent to that address automatically to the
junk mail folder.

Lately I have been getting increasing amounts of spam on the primary email.
Much if not all of it is duplicated (same irritating mix of unrelated word
subject lines) on the other email.  I would think that a rule that would
compare incoming mail and route *all* mail with duplicate subject lines to
junk mail on two email addresses would be good, but Outlook doesn't seem to
allow that.

Anybody know how to do this?  I have also been considering add-ons.  Someone
recommended spambayes.  Anybody have any experience with this or have a
better suggestion.

BTS:  even if it is superior, I need to stick with Microsoft and outlook for
work reasons.

Hope you all had or are still having a happy holiday season.

Jim Connolly